Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, July 12, 2003

Tons of All-Star game day coverage today, including player vignettes:

Katie Smith: "I feel confident on anyone that guards me. I feel like I can do what I want."

Lauren Jackson: "It's pretty exciting, but I get nervous in big games."

Lisa Leslie: "What do you mean by old?"

Becky Hammon: "I will be back playing, no doubt about it. I will be back and better than ever."

Swin Cash: "This is our year to break out and get it done."

Tamika Catchings: "If I can just touch one child or one adult in whatever I do, I feel good about whatever event that I'm involved with."

Marie Ferdinand: "Last year, I was the most shy one [at the All-Star Game]. But the more you get in it, the more comfortable you feel. You get to act crazy and socialize."

Deanna Nolan: ''I think I am only going to get better, and only I can stop myself. I think there is more to go."

Margo Dydek on dunking: ''If I have the opportunity, why not?''

Cheryl Ford on everyone asking about her dad: "I get tired of hearing that. I'm just trying to do my own thing, make my own name. But always, that name just has to come up. It gets on my nerves."

And finally, Sheryl Swoopes would rather be at home: "I would absolutely love to have the time off, physically and mentally.... I think being able to take a few days off and do some of the things besides just every day going to the gym and doing basketball would really be good. I don't want people to take that the wrong way and feel like I'm not grateful."