Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, August 19, 2003

On a happier note, Barry Uhrman has a new interview with Coach Laimbeer up at Full Court.

One excerpt:

Barry: How did you become involved in coaching women's basketball?

Bill: I have a daughter who is 16 years old. She played 15-and-under AAU last year. I started coaching her when she was ten years old. So I was coaching girls' basketball for five years. I am a big supporter of women's hoops, because I see what it does for young girls. It provides opportunities to compete in the future for college scholarships, not to mention a professional career in basketball.

The whole interview is great... but available to subscribers only. Full Court is about $25 for the year -- worth it for the serious fan.