Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Today is the big day for Candace Parker.

"I'm ecstatic. I cannot wait for it to be over," she said. "These last few weeks have been very stressful. I'm excited to get it over with. It's the biggest (decision), second to who I'm going to marry in my life."

Dan Fleser reports that Parker will choose Tennessee. His source is someone at one of the schools she has already called to turn down.

Parker has been surprised by the reports the last couple days that Tennessee is her choice.

"That's the first time I've ever seen a story published, like a 'probably.' I've never seen that before, like a 'possibility,'" Parker said. "I don't know how they got that. The only inside people are my parents. That's it. My parents and my brothers are the only people."