Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, February 06, 2004

Geno: "We had the lead the whole game, but it wasn't like we were sitting back and being comfortable about it, like we were in the Duke game. With about three or four minutes left, I turned around and said to the guys, `We're not giving this one away, under no circumstances.' And we didn't. Maybe we've grown a little bit since that day."

Coach Summitt: "They flat outhustled us. They outworked us on the boards. Their execution was better in the half court. I think we let our offense direct our defense sometimes. I think some of our players have to learn to play at that level all the time."

Taurasi: "Booing? I thought they were mooing."

Robinson: "Whenever we play them, they bring their A game and we bring our C game."

Ely: "It was mostly my fault. I wasn't moving to open spots. It wasn't good for me to be standing around hanging my teammates out to dry."