Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, February 26, 2004

Wild night in the Big 12.

In a classic game, Texas beat Baylor in double-OT. Nina Norman hit a three to tie the game at the end of the first extra session. Then in the second, Jamie Carey broke out of her slump and hit two threes.

"I've worked a lot on my shot this week," Carey said. "The coaches have emphasized staying with my shot. Sometimes I was getting back on defense instead of staying with my shot."

Coach Conradt hopes the Horns don't have to face the tough Baylor team again too soon. "I don't know where they'll be seeded in the NCAA tournament," she said, "but I hope it's far away from us."

Baylor coach Kim Mulkey-Robertson's mother-in-law, who has had heart problems in the past, collapsed at the end of the game. Kim rushed to the hospital after the game. "That quickly puts this loss in perspective for me," she said.