Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, March 18, 2004

Gobrecht: "I poured my heart and soul into this thing and I finally got it exactly where I wanted it and then they do this. It's true that we haven't catapulted to the top, but we have been going forward."

It sounds like there's been friction between Chris and the athletic department. They've been promising her better facilities for awhile, but haven't delivered. Ironically, it sounds like part of the reason they fired her was because the new arena is finally on the way, and they want to combine that with a new big name to jump start the program.

"I hate to leave this great young team. They're the kind of kids I need to be coaching, the arena is on the way and I don't get to finish the job," Gobrecht said. "That is extremely disappointing. Someone is going to walk into an incredible situation."

Will it be Cheryl Miller?