Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, April 30, 2004

The MVP is back.

Things didn't go quite as planned in Russia. LJ's team lost, and after spending 200 grand to bring her over, the team barely played her.

"Losing is always hard, and I didn't play much," said Jackson. "I didn't spend enough time with them, and I don't think I'll do that again. I'd definitely go over there a lot earlier. But I think it was more to build a relationship for the future."

Coach Donovan was slightly miffed. "I hate to talk about coaches losing their jobs, but how do you bring in a player for that kind of money?" she said. "You bring the best player in the world over and you don't use her. It was a big mistake."

The Storm are just happy to have her home. As Donovan said, "Everything changed when she walked in the gym (Wednesday) night."