Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Team USA crushed Japan 118-66. Swoopes had 19 points on 8-for-8 shooting. Leslie and Catchings both had double doubles.

Taurasi's tryout continued to go well, and Coach Chancellor seems to want her on the team.

"If you were the coach would you put her on this team? I think so," he said. "I think she has a pretty good shot after tonight. I don't make that decision though, we have a (USA Basketball Women's Senior National Team) Committee, but I'm going to strongly recommend that we need to take a look at her. I thought she was pretty special tonight. I didn't play her, I didn't bring her in. I was testing her a little bit, I put her in last twice and she responded and played. Her passing tonight was as good as I've ever seen her pass."