Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Coach Brown and Margo Dydek don't seem to be getting along. Sounds like Brown wants her to bulk up, play inside, and play tougher ball. That's not really the game she likes to play.

"I can do things Shaquille O'Neal can't do," Dydek said. "I can shoot outside, I can hit free throws. I will work to get stronger, but my style is very different than everyone expects it to be."

"Every player who had their minutes cut or isn't playing up to the expectations, the rumor will be started that the person is not happy," Brown said. "I don't expect her to be happy. But give me a reason, show me a reason, make me eat crow. I don't mind doing that. I'll admit if I made a mistake. We know we need her. We need her to know we need her."

Trades possible. How bout send her to DC?