Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Betty Lennox has had an up-and-down career. She was popular in Minnesota, but she had some problems with Brian Agler and got a reputation for being difficult to coach.

As the Seattle PI reports today, however, Seattle is glad that it didn't listen to all the rumors.

"First-hand information is better than the rumor mill," said coach Anne Donovan. "Betty has unfairly been given a label."

"I've grown a lot as a person," Lennox said. "People who knew me before (college) and who know me now will tell you it's a night-and-day change. Don't base everything on what's been said or written about Betty Lennox. Those people don't know the real me. You've got to judge for yourself about who I am now."