Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Minnesota fans got what they wanted: a strong performance by Whalen and a win for the home team.

Lindsay, as usual, wasn't overly emotive about the experience. "It was good to be back. I didn't really have expectations. I wasn't nervous or scared about it."

"I think about the draft a little bit, but I have no regrets," she said. "I'm happy to be where I'm at.''

Coach SMS downplayed the comparisons between Whalen and Ohlde, who had her biggest game of the year. "This wasn't a competition between Nicole Ohlde and Lindsay Whalen," she said. "They have different value to their teams. They play two different positions."

Said Nicole herself: "We're kind of on a roll right now. Hopefully we can just keep it going."