Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, July 31, 2004

The Mystics, sans Mique, beat the Sun. Everyone chipped in: Sanford had a double-double, Beard had 14, Smith had 10 off the bench, SDS had 10 assists.

"I wish we had her, but she's not playing and we've got to do it as a group," said coach Adams. "We don't have too many players that can do it by themselves, that can break the defense down and create their own shots. We do it together like we did tonight then good things can happen."

Most of the team and coach Adams still don't know what's up with Mique. She put this short statement on the web on Thursday night.

Coach Adams, for his part, was a little more sensitive about the whole thing than he'd been the last few days. "All I know is what I need to know. I don't need to know anything more. Whatever she's going through, we're here for her, and I don't need to speculate on what they are, what those things are, because that's her and her family's situation and not mine. I don't need to know. And I'm okay with that."