Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Holdsclaw speaks. She says that people can say what they want about her... but she must have gotten some wind of the internet rumors, so she decided to come out publicly and say that she's not pregnant.

She's also not addicted to drugs and she doesn't have cancer. Beyond that, she won't say what the problem is. She says it's nobody's damn business.

"The only people I feel for are those who are going to be there for me. That's my parents, Coach Summitt and my agent, [what about coach Adams, your teammates, the Mystics fans?] and those are the people, God forbid that I am dying, that are going to be there for me. And that's the way I've always handled things, and that's the way I will. I don't want no sympathy party for anything that is going on in my life. I stick to those who stick to me."