Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Tomorrow's WaPo on the game, the venue, and the process of setting it up: "Would concession stands sell soda or cocktails? Would the background look like a stage, with silhouetted lighting and a few set pieces? Or like a court, with a basketball logo and a scoreboard?"

On Diana: "Taurasi's tirelessness is now her greatest asset. She's averaging 16.5 points and 3.6 assists, the highest numbers of any rookie, while marketing her league 24 hours a day."

And even a bit on Holdsclaw, interviewed this afternoon at her camp. "I know that my teammates depend on me, but it comes to a point where life is bigger than that, and I'm not worried right now about shooting on a basket or anything like that," Holdsclaw said. "I'm worried about myself. If I'm not good in all facets -- mentally, spiritually, emotionally, health-wise -- and I'm just getting by, everybody's not going to benefit as a whole."

At the Summitt today, Barry had some good thoughts on the situation.