Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, September 02, 2004

Katie who?

The Lynx picked up where the left off before the break and got an important win at Houston. Helen Darling had her best game of the year, scoring 14 on 6-for-7 and adding 8 assists.

I came off screens and I was open for two or three seconds so I had to shoot it," Darling said. "Once I start feeling it, there is not turning back. I got focused and I just dominated."

Coach Chancellor was crestfallen. "I've come from as big a high as you could have Saturday afternoon to as big a low as I've had here in a long time. I just don't know. That's really a discouraging loss right there. We give up 47 points in the second half. I can't remember the last time our team's given up 47 points (in a half)."