Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, February 25, 2005

Stacy Johnson-Klein doesn't have many allies inside the Fresno State program. Three assistant coaches and another staff member all planned to quit at the end of the year.

"We were 10-1 and I was on the hotel balcony in Hawaii and I'm looking out over the ocean, and I could not convince myself that I would allow my child to play under these circumstances," said assistant Adrian Wiggins, who is now the interim head coach.

Wiggins also doesn't believe that Johnson-Klein took pills only once. (Johnson-Klein's lawyer Warren Paboojian says Wiggins shouldn't be talking publicly about any of this... which would be a reasonable argument if Paboojian himself would keep quiet for just one day.)

At least one player says she'll leave if Johnson-Klein is reinstated. "I just don't want to go through what we've gone through with her," freshman Tierre Wilson said. "I wouldn't want to stay, even if things changed."