Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, April 18, 2005

Shaq Attack: Though she’s ecstatic to be the top pick, Janel McCarville said, she’ll miss playing at Minnesota. “The last four years at Minnesota have been good to me,” McCarville said Friday. “It’s going to suck not playing here.”

But McCarville will be back. The Charlotte Sting play against the Minnesota Lynx at 7 p.m. June 4 at Target Center.

Speaking of McCarville, Sting head coach Trudi Lacey says, "She's a solid, strong, physical player. We needed the physicality that was something missing from our team last year. And she can score from inside and out."

Lacey described McCarville's personality as 'festive', but McCarville also has a self described 'fierceness' which she intends to bring to training camp.

The three-time All Big 10, two-time Kodak All-American, Wade and Wooden finalist nicknamed 'Shaq' says, "I'm just going to go out and play how I play and do what I do," she said, "and if I'm not starting, oh well, I'm still going to have an impact on the team."