Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Anne Donovan isn't fully happy with either Adia Barnes or Ashley Battle at the small forward.

"We really didn't have anybody step in the way I would have hoped after 10 days of training camp," she said. "I'm looking for somebody who can kind of put together both ends of the floor and help us there. Our depth is a concern right now. If you're not sure on your fifth starter, then that means your bench is a little shaky, as well."

Donovan is looking at bringing in another international player to fill the void.

In an effort to add depth at its wing spot, and to hedge its bets on Swin Cash's recovery, Detroit added 37-year-old Andrea Stinson yesterday.

"Whatever Coach Laimbeer and the coaching staff ask of me, I'm ready to give them," Stinson said. "If that means coming off the bench, running the break, playing defense, trying to teach some of the younger players what I've learned in my years in professional basketball, whatever it is, I'm going to give them."