Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Sunday, May 22, 2005

Coach Donovan apparently wasn't just blowing smoke when she spent all preseason poor-mouthing her team. Seattle looked awful yesterday. Only Betty Lennox led with 14 points, and that was on 5 for 18 shooting. Coach Donovan called it a "fiasco."

Lauren Jackson inexplicably refused to play offense inside the three-point line, and she failed to reach double figures for the first time in almost three years.

"I'm a shooter and I missed wide-open shots," said Jackson. "I enjoyed (playing the three) so much, it was awesome, but I have to get used to it. I feel like I was in everyone's way out there. It was tough for me. I missed playing inside a little bit."

The Storm can take some comfort knowing that probably didn't give the worst performance yesterday. Charlotte had 25 turnovers and only 15 field goals in a loss to Washington.