Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, May 12, 2005

Sara's sister saw Michelle Van Gorp at the gym last week and asked her to join our rec league team. MVG responded that she's still too injured to play. Optimistically, I take that to mean that once she's healthy, she'll consider it.

Even without anyone over 5'10" (much less a 6'6" post), the Blast pulled off a sweet comeback last night to improve to 3-2 in spring league.

Speaking of... awhile ago, I fell prey to a cunning hoax. The following email was sent to the blog address:
After following your postings on the Blast? in your July chronicles, I decided to finally go see them live in the CY05 season opener at the YWCA. I mean come on! No bleachers so I had to stand near the doors, only 1 sub the whole game. The blue team had 5! I thought this year would deliver more positive blog postings but I guess not. 61 to 20-something! This is so reminiscient of your loss to the St. Cloud on July 6th. And Sara, maybe you should think about quitting this league also so you can drink more with Ted and the other losers in your fan section who yell things like make it rain. Good luck with the rest of your season! Keep up the blogging.

-Art Vandalais
Brilliantly constructed, I must admit. A couple intentional mistakes, slightly off-key. Walked just to the edge but didn't quite go over-the-top, leaving it (almost?) believably deranged. The name was a variant of Vandelay, and thus a Seinfeld reference, but I was too slow to pick it up.

Well done, my friend.