Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, June 01, 2005

In response to my Danica Patrick post, Eric says that he doesn't watch the WNBA because there's too much feminism.

I just spent a few minutes trying to find some hints of feminism at dotcom. What I found instead:

Prom memories: "I had a dress that I thought looked pretty cute. Prom is just such a big deal and the hype is so great that the actual event can't live up to the expectations. The pictures are cute. It's fun, it was a fun day. I had a great time overall. And we had a sweet limo."

Photo shoots: “Everybody enjoys looking at cars. Why not pose in front of one?"

Fitness tips: “Most people are pretty busy throughout the day, so my tip would be do little things along your day that keep you active, such as taking the stairs, instead of the elevator.”

Relationship advice: "At your age, life should be more than just fighting with your boyfriend. First, you may want to sit down and have a conversation with him letting him know about all the different emotional things that you both are going through."

Q&As: "Hi Barbara, if you were to play any sport besides basketball, what would it be? -Ashley, West Haven, CT." "I would play professional tennis because I like the outfits."

Oh, yeah, the league is clearly being run by a consortium of women's studies professors. It's obvious. I can't believe I didn't see it before.