Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wild game in DC last night as Diana Taurasi and DeLisha Milton-Jones nearly came to blows. The game was full of talking, cheap shots, technicals, and finally an ejection.

"She blindsided me," said Milton-Jones. "That's what they were doing all night. We'd be running downcourt and they'd run in front of you and just stop. I'm not going to tolerate that. I reacted and I know I could have reacted differently, but my emotions got the best of me at that point."

"I'm not going to back down to anyone, so if she wants to come after people, I'm going to be right there," said Taurasi. "It's a good thing she didn't get to me."

DMJ suggested that Taurasi needs to be dealt with by the league.
She's so used to winning. It's an unfortunate situation that she has to be in, but you can still grow as a player no matter what situation it is. Me, I come from LA to the Washington Mystics. We were 1-3 the first couple of games. I'm usually 9-0, but that doesn't mean I have to go out and be malicious in my actions. Learn to grow as a person and as a player.

I really do want to want to talk to her because it's not just for me, it's for the next man. She may hurt somebody. It may end their career. She has to look at it from that aspect.
Mystics won.