Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, July 22, 2005

At the Baltimore Sun, Milton Kent and Kate Crandall catch up with Mystics owner Sheila Johnson.

Johnson talks about moving on from her "degrading" divorce with Sting owner Bob Johnson.
I'm essentially rebuilding my life. I've been by my ex-husband's side, helping to build a business. I've let him get a lot of credit.

And now, like a lot of women who go through this kind of traumatizing time, you either go one of two ways. You either fold up, shrivel up and disappear or you reinvent yourself and you get out there and keep going. I've never been a shrinking violet. I'm smart, I'm creative and I feel as though I have just as much to offer as I always have. Why should I fade into the woodwork? The opportunities are presented to me, and I am going for it.