Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, July 22, 2005

Three games yesterday --

1. With 26 trips to the line and 5 players in double figures, the Lib took down the Mercury, ending Phoenix's four-game win streak. “We didn't get the job done today at all,” said Taurasi.

The paper of record, despite its recent repentence, is silent.

2. Indiana beat San Antonio despite Catchings's 1 for 11 night.

Jurgita Streimikyte remains hot; the Fever are 4-1 since she entered the starting lineup. "Now I feel more comfortable," she said. "I just got back confidence in myself... I tried to play my game, what I played overseas, what I played the last two years."

3. Tina Thompson returned in time for Kids' Day at the Toyota Center, but her return may have done more harm than good. Says one Comets fan via email: "Let's just say she's not in gameshape." Houston lost.

"I don't really think (the players) knew what to expect," said Sheryl Swoopes. "We looked very unorganized and very confused at times instead of just going out and playing basketball."