Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, August 18, 2005

Coach Bibby says he and the Sparks had a "great parting." "Overall, I loved my time here. This is the most I've learned from any of my 30-something seasons of coaching. I'll miss all of these ladies. These women wanted to learn more so than the guys. It sharpened me up as a coach."

The plan is to have Joe Bryant finish the season... maybe. "I haven't talked to Joe to make sure he really wants to finish out the season. I assume he will finish out the season," Johnny Buss said.

In the meantime, Bryant has a plan: "I will demand we have fun."

Yesterday at FoxSports.com, Jan Hubbard recounted the strange Bibby saga, including an inexplicable interview where Bibby insisted that Nikki Teasley has been injured all season and "hasn't played at all for us." Teasley in fact played 19 games.

What are we to make of this all?

It's a curious universe, and LA is the capital of curiosity. A year ago, Kobe Bryant may have pushed Michael Cooper out the door, and now Kobe's dad is the head coach of the Sparks. Is there any chance that we'll complete the cycle, and that Coach Coop will come back?

You'll say it's impossible... but you would have said the same thing about Phil...