Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Courant's Mike Anthony turns in a terrific (and lengthy) profile of Margo Dydek, who seems to be enjoying Connecticut, though she can't find a good piano bar.

Coach Thibault: "She's improved a lot. She's trying to stay in a better defensive stance. Habits are created at a young age, and it's hard to create new habits. In fairness to her, there are some teams she matches up with better than others. I still think she's a work in progress. I wish she would be more physical down low, but I see her trying to do that more."

Margo: "I was thinking it was going to be so much easier... This team was kind of already set up, playing together for a long time. It's been difficult. I didn't understand at the beginning what they expected of me. But I like winning."

Taj McWilliams-Franklin has spent the last two days watching game tapes. "Watching that Seattle game, when we got beat for the title, a feeling just starts to churn inside of me," she says. "It gives me the need to play."