Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Sun-vs.-Shock best-of-three starts in Detroit tonight. The Shock are the only team that won the reg-season series against the Sun. Ruth Riley strained her back but will play anyway.

Coach Thibault: "We don't fear that team. Everybody is talking about us having to react to Detroit. How about them having to react to us?"

Nyeksha Sales says the Shock "are one of those teams that really get pumped up and get ready to play us... If they had that mentality throughout the season they would be a lot better team right now."

In Detroit, the Freep covers the so-called coaches' feud. Swin Cash remembers her injury from 2004: "Last year I was in bed with my leg propped up screaming at the TV. It was tough knowing I couldn't help them. I watched and learned and hopefully now I can use that knowledge and help my team... I know I'm not 100 percent right now, but I've learned how to be successful."