Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, September 16, 2005

Other notes --

Whalen benched herself. "About [90 minutes before the game] I said I didn't think I could help," Whalen said. "When it comes to that situation, as a player, it's your responsibility to sit down. ... With my knee, I knew I could play. I knew I could contribute. With this, it's the situation where [Thursday night] isn't a night I could do that. You kind of realize your limitations."

Lawson doesn't worry too much about the boos from Connecticut fans. “Now if I was getting booed at home, I might be a little worried,” she laughed.

Graham Hays says that, with Whalen and Penicheiro hobbled, and with Taj and Yo already playing their best, some other players will have to step up to decide the series.