Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, November 15, 2005

UConn played some more successful small ball last night and trounced Indiana State. Ann Strother hit 5 three-pointers and finished with 19 points.

"I felt like I've been different the first couple of games, just because I'm really looking to score," Strother said. "With (Diana Taurasi) here and some of the past players, it was kind of like that was really where the offense was. I would look to score, obviously, and be aggressive. But it's different when you have a scoring mentality."

In less happy news, only 9,285 fans showed up. It was the first time UConn has failed to sell out a game at Gampel since 1997.

“I think they're going to be fun to watch,” Geno said. “But if people are going to compare them to past teams, they're going to be disappointed.”