Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wyckoff loves Connecticut, but she's ready for Chicago. “I kind of thought it was a possibility,” she said. “(The Sun) had some tough decisions. ... I think from the end of last season, I was prepared deep down in case that was going to happen. When the news came to me, I wasn't shocked."

Thibault had to make the tough decision to protect Erin Phillips over Brooke. "We didn't have much choice," he said. "I wish I had another scenario that was better. We tried to make a deal with Chicago to not take her. They didn't want to do it."

The Monarchs were the best team last year, but they may have suffered the worst loss in Chelsea Newton. "Losing her is like losing one of my daughters," Coach Whiz said.

Chicago is excited about its pick-ups. "I'm not promising any championships in our first year," coach Cowens said. "But I'm promising that our players will be very competitive on the court and also be people our city can be proud of off the court."