Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, January 23, 2006

Tasha Humphrey had a dominant game against LSU and gave the Dogs a chance for an upset. But Seimone Augustus hit a jumper to give the Tigers the lead with 14 seconds left.

“I got a good screen and made a good cut,’’ Augustus said. “Scholanda (Hoston) held the ball for a two count and I got over and took the shot. I can’t really take all the credit for that because if I didn’t get the screen the shot wouldn’t have been possible."

Georgia had one last chance, but Alexis Kendrick blew it with a bad shot. "I got anxious and took a shot ... it was a selfish play," Kendrick said. "It wasn't the play (coach Andy Landers) called, it was just a mental break on my part. I totally accept the blame."

It was a crushing loss for Humphrey. "It's just really hard to lose this type of game," she said, "especially by one point, and knowing that you played well."