Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, June 14, 2006

During halftime of the Sting-Mystics game last night, Donna Orender revealed the 10 members of the All-Decade team and the five players who earned honorable-mention. The team will be formally honored during the All-Star Game on July 12.

The team was voted by fans, the media and current players and coaches. Some may question the final results, but the accomplishments of all of the players are impressive.

"It's hard," Tamika Catchings said of choosing between players. "I mean, there were great players that were in the league in the beginning and that have helped make and take the WNBA to where it is today. I am very fortunate and blessed to be a part of this team. I remember when I was watching the great players before my time hoping that I'd have an opportunity to play with them. And now ... I'm part of the first historic all-decade team."