Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, November 16, 2006

ESPN has a new columnist: Jamele Hill. The Empire is hoping she can save Page 2 from its own embarrassing irrelevance. Toward that end, it is paying her several hundred thousand dollars. Not bad work if you can get it...

First column here, deadspin review here.

Speaking of Page 2... I got an email this week from someone asking me to leave Stacey Pressman alone. The emailer said that I was wrong to criticize Stacey, that Stacey is wonderful, and that I should try to attain Stacey's standards of excellence and courage.

It took me awhile to figure out what she was talking about. Who is Stacey Pressman, and what had I done to her? The name rang a bell... but I couldn't quite place it... Was she a coach or player we'd criticized? The WNBA's director of officiating? Maryland's recruiting coordinator? Pam Borton's personnel director? Geno's cat?

Then it all came back to me. Several years ago, I wrote this post responding to a Page 2 column trashing the WNBA. The column was written by one Stacey Pressman, then a writer at Page 2.

Why did someone bother writing me about this now, three years later? Probably has something to do with this. Because Google owns Blogger, blogs get good Google rankings.

It's a shame, but let's let bygones be bygones. Stacey, if you're out there, please come home. All is forgiven.