Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, April 05, 2007

One of the fun things leading up the Draft was hearing about how some of the prospects grew up going to WNBA games.

For new Lynx #1 pick Lindsey Harding, going to a Comets game when she was a freshman in high school inspired her to keep playing basketball rather than focusing on a track career. "I wasn't even going to keep playing basketball, but I went to the game, and the arena, the fans, the players — it all got to me," she said. "I knew I wanted to keep playing basketball as long as I could."

No one was more excited to be picked than Shay Doron, who was selected by the Liberty in the second round. When asked by Sports Page Magazine if she went to Liberty games, she replied:

"I love watching them play, I love going to the Garden and... i don’t know. It’s just so surreal for me to even think right now about...and I told them I was ready... I was ready right now, I’ll lace up my shoes, I’ll go practice...I don’t care...just let me know when I need to be there, I’m so happy."