Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Did Tina Thompson just retire? Well, not quite: she told Houston TV reporters that while she plans to play out this season, she might not return to the Comets next year.

"I have played in this league for 11 years and I am not getting any younger," she says. "I am 32 years old and I have a two-year-old son... The WNBA is just at this point for me not financially feasible. So I do have to make a decision on my future."

Thompson will either be "going back to school and preparing for a second career or playing basketball abroad," as she did in Russia this winter, where stars are well-paid. "If you would go by percentages it would probably be around 70-30" in favor of TT's playing only overseas.

In other words: Diana Taurasi was right.