Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Monday, August 13, 2007

In a game with two teams already eliminated from the playoff picture, it was the Sparks who continued their home court dominance over the Lynx. This was despite the fact that Taj McWilliams-Franklin, Temeka Johnson and Jessica Moore were out for family reasons or injuries.

Minnesota trailed by as many as 15 during the game and made several runs to close the gap, but L.A. always had an answer. LaToya Thomas led six players in double figures with 23 points off the bench.

The Sparks, like the Lynx, are using the remaining games to evaluate their current roster for next season. But Thomas commented, "I always play like I want to be around. It's a job. That's what we do. I was relaxed. I just played my game."