Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Sunday, September 09, 2007

The AP was there to talk to Pat and Kay at the National team practice.
β€œIt was fantastic. They are both mentors of mine,” she said. β€œI enjoyed being a player under both of them with their completely different styles. My coaching philosophy is modeled as a player under all the coaches I played for. It's great having them here and I hope to get some feedback from them.”
The .com talked to Mama Leslie -- who looked fierce and focused watching practice and hopes to be with the team for their college tour.
"I am just looking forward to coming back and playing with them," the two-time WNBA champion and founding WNBA star said. "And also helping them to understand that coming back I may not be playing, and being the leading scorer but my job to come back early is to help them to be better."