Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, January 25, 2008

Things that I, as a decade-long subscriber, don't expect the New York Liberty to keep me apprised of: what's believed to be the first game in Madison Square Garden between two Division III women's teams.

On Wednesday, Philadelphia's Cabrini Cavaliers defeated Maryland's College of Notre Dame behind Junior Kayleen Smith's 21 points. A close game at the half (26-24), Cabrini used a 38-0 run to put the game away. Says the AP report in USAToday (thank you!):
Cabrini traveled to New York on Tuesday night and took in some city sights. "We walked around Times Square last night and made pretend we were famous for a minute," Cabrini coach Bobbi Morgan said.

The two teams were given the full Garden treatment to the delight of the very few fans, friends, family and school officials who were allowed to step on the court at halftime and shoot baskets.
No, I don't want to know about these kinds of things, happening right around the corner from my office. I'd rather hear about a pre-sale for Cold Play.

Really. I mean it.

*sigh*