Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No, don't ask how I uncovered this... But in a flashback to '98, we have Mechelle talking to buildings... during whicg this little nugget pops up:
Operator: Excuse me, but we have a late addition to the teleconference. Caller, state your name, please.

Coleman: Uh, my name is Coleman Coliseum, home of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Operator: Well, this teleconference is for buildings whose teams lost.

Coleman: Yeah, I know, but ... I think my team did lose, except there were a couple of, um, teensy glitches at the end of the game, see. And, um ...

Hilton: Yeah, we saw it, Coleman. Just curious, how'd you pull off that clock trick?

Coleman: Hey, it wasn't my fault. I don't think it was anyone's fault, exactly. It's just, you know, a couple of mistakes were made. But they were, like, BIG mistakes and ... well, I tried to call Pauley Pavilion to apologize, but it won't speak to me.