Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, April 22, 2008

In 2002 Nikki Teasley spoke out about her battle with depression.

Today, Tracy Roller speaks out about her battle:
Diagnosed with manic depression, Roller has fought off both attempts and thoughts of suicide, battled alcoholism and spent two months this past season attending daily out-patient sessions at a stress center in Indianapolis with hopes of reclaiming her life.

To ensure her survival, she quit the job she loves as head coach of the Ball State women's basketball team, sold her home near the southern skirts of Muncie, and made plans to move to Indianapolis.

"I'm going to miss (coaching) dearly, but I can't do it right now," Roller said in an exclusive interview last week. "I love this community. I love this house. I love everything about Muncie, but I can't not be the women's basketball coach and be here."