Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Some college coaching news: The Polar Bears have a new coach and the coach of the Orange gets some props.

Congrats to Syracuse's Quentin Hillsman, who was named the Basketball Coaches Association of New York Women’s Basketball Division I Coach of the Year.

Adrienne Shibles, who most recently was the Athletic Director at Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine, and the head coach at Swarthmore (Pa.) College from 1996-2005, will lead Maine next season.
"I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with the amazing student-athletes at Bowdoin College," said Shibles. "Their passion, strength, and sincerity inspires me, and I'm confident that these women will help to make my transition seamless. Together with this team, I am certain that we can strengthen the high standards and unique traditions that have been synonymous with Bowdoin women's basketball."