Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Sunday, December 28, 2008

The DI season resumes in earnest this afternoon, with eleven top 25 teams in action. Almost all are nonconference games that could be non-competitive, final tuneups for the nation's elite teams before conference play begins.

UConn will play South Carolina in the second installment of a home-and-home series: the first installment, in Gampel last December, took out SC native Kalana Greene's knee.

This afternoon Greene will finally play for her college team in her home state.

""The last time I played at the Colonial Center [in South Carolina] was the last game of my [Timberland High] career and we won a state championship," Greene says. "There are a lot of memories there... My grandparents are going to see me play. I don't think they've ever been to a game."