Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yes, I know there was another upset. Yes, I know it was Duke over Stanford. Yes, I know it was on ESPN, not the Deuce... but.. well... I'll let the opening of Mechelle's entry do my work:
By the time the Cardinal had finished clanking free throws (12 of 27), both teams had made the 3-point shot look like scaling Everest (a combined 7 of 32) and had tossed the ball away like Iraqi shoes (combined 37 TOs), and the refs had put the frosting on this cowpie with a crummy call … well, I was tempted to put up this blog:

Headline: Duke vs. Stanford

Blog entry: This game was crap.

Poll: Was this game crap?

But then I decided there was probably a bit more to say about Duke’s 56-52 win. For instance, the fact that it reminded me of one of the stupider things I’ve ever done. (click here to find out more!)