Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Friday, April 17, 2009

Call me cranky. Call me fickle. Say there's just no pleasing me. G'head. It's true.

After numerous emails and calls to the Lib subscription peeps saying, "Um, hey -- subscriber since 1998, please don't send me these invites to become a season subscriber because I get cranky when I see all the perks you're offering 'THEM' and I got zilch for signing up in January and it's making me cranky," I'm no longer getting those emails.

That would be the good news, in that maybe management has learned something about not ticking off longtime subscribers.

Of course, I'm fickle because I still hear about all these cools things they're offering ANYways because people talk about'em and/or blog about 'em. And I want in.

Honestly, there's just no pleasing me.

Unless, of course, you were a smart Liberty front office and you realized this (and realized that it's not a condition unique to this subscriber) and offered to do something about it. Like invite me to media day or something. Even if I couldn't make it, it'd make me feel special and appreciated.

And really, that's all it would take.

Because then I'd honestly believe management cared enough about the Lib to think these things through and stop take longtime subscribers for granted. If not, they may start sounding like Lily Tomlin's Edie:
I'm back working on my book, "What's Left of the Left." It's a slim volume, folks.