Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Saturday, May 16, 2009

It was Media Day in Washington D.C. and Minnesota on Friday.

The Lynx allowed fans to submit questions and view interviews with all of the players. The Minneapolis paper's only coverage of the day is through Roman's Twitter.

The Pioneer Press writes about the deep talent pool. "It is the most talented, the quickest and most athletic training camp roster we have ever had,'' executive vice president Roger Griffith said. "As much as I believe in this roster, and as much as I believe in what they can do, I am not going to take pride in theoreticals. I am going to take pride when we clinch a playoff spot and go from there. "

SPM was there and talked to Coach Z and former Gopher Emily Fox. “I’m going in with the attitude that I’m going to make the team. I’ve got nothing to lose. I work hard and we’ll see what happens. It is exciting but nerve wracking nonetheless," said Fox.

WaPo talks to returning Mystic player Chasity Melvin, who believes in the new direction of the team.

The Washington Times talked to Angela Taylor and Julie Plank about training camp and the final roster selection process. "It's going to be extremely competitive every day," Plank said. "We evaluate things in the weight room, in the training room and in individual work. It's going to be a challenge for them to compete every day, but our coaches are also going to have a challenge cutting it down to an 11-player roster."