Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, June 16, 2009

From the Daily Mississippian: Gillom pursues dream as coach
Former Ole Miss star forward Jennifer Gillom learned less than two weeks ago that she had been named head coach of the WNBA’s Minnesota Lynx. Right after learning that, Gillom had to be on a plane to Knoxville, Tenn., in order to be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame.

“What a wonderful experience, and I didn’t expect the emotions that I had when I was being inducted,” Gillom said. “It didn’t really hit me until I was in the room with all the former members, coaches and players and realizing that I was among the elite group, and it was just an amazing feeling. It was a big night. I had all my family there and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves, and I was glad they were able to be a part of it.”