Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Thursday, July 09, 2009

From Jenni Carlson of the Oklahoman: WNBA is not sitting well with Courtney Paris FORMER SOONERS STAR STRUGGLING TO ADJUST TO LIFE IN THE PROS
She is trying to make the most of her time on the bench.

"I can’t honestly say I was familiar with a lot of the players and what they do,” she said. "In the summers, I was doing stuff, so it’s not like I paid attention as much to the WNBA.
"I’m learning more about the game I play every day.”

Or the game she doesn’t play, as the case may be.

"It’s definitely been a process, a learning process,” she said. "But at the same time, it’s a process I need to make.”
Perhaps the lesson is, if you think you're a good college player and want a career in the WNBA, perhaps you should take a moment to check out you competition and get a feel for the level of play. Note to Courtney: W players don't suck.