Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I love the thought, time and energy Q puts into the W. It's nice to have some UNinane commentary on our game, because it does deserve better (Which is why I love listening to Debbie and Beth chew on college basketball during Shootaround).

His latest two blog entries:

Revisiting Rookie Point Guards: How Does Atlanta’s Shalee Lehning Compare to Her First Round Counterparts?
If you were to select a WNBA All-Rookie First and Second team, would Atlanta Dream point guard Shalee Lehning be on it?

And if not, why not?

What makes the question interesting to me is that for some reason, people tend to focus on every single one of Lehning’s deficiencies – athleticism, scoring ability, defense, not a fast break player – rather than the one thing she has clearly established the ability to do well: running a team.


Rookie Rankings: Can Anyone Dream of Catching DeWanna Bonner?
I started to write a rookie rankings post and ended up writing a long post about my thoughts on Atlanta Dream point guard Shalee Lehning.

To summarize the previous post, I found it curious that she was not listed in the latest rookie rankings on WNBA.com at all given that she’s a starter on a playoff caliber team that recently won four games in a row.

Tough crowd, I guess.

However, I have a hard time not putting her among the top ten rookies.