Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

*everyone sing*

"Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you!"

Suns General Manager Steve Kerr Buys Out Upper Level For Mercury Finals Game
"Larry Bird purchased the upper level for the Fever's Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals in Indiana and I want to show the same support for our amazing Mercury," said Kerr. "Both of us were part of championship teams and understand the importance of a packed house. For anyone who doubts the WNBA level of play, this is an opportunity to see for yourself. I challenge any doubters to come see the talent, skill and intensity on the court."

I think there's something to be said for "old school" male players stepping up to support the W - be it Bird, Kerr or Magic (who, if you didn't catch the game on TV, chose to attend the LA game at Pauley instead of the Hall of Fame induction ceremony so that he could honor Lisa Leslie).

So, here's my new catch phrase: "The WNBA - for those who love the game between the dunks."