Women's Hoops Blog

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

From Mechelle: Taurasi finds healing in hoops

"What went through my mind was: 'You disappointed yourself more than anyone else,' " Taurasi said. "Everyone always worries, 'What are other people going to think?' Well, if you don't feel it, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. But I genuinely, really, down deep inside was as disappointed as I've ever been in myself about anything.

"It definitely changed me. Not changed me like I started going to church every Sunday. But it made me realize every decision I make from here on out is gonna reflect on me. Whether that's really 'me' or not. I don't like to base a person's character or personality on one moment in their life, because I think that's a little severe. But a lot of the people who don't know you might take that as the only thing you've done in your life. That's not what I wanted it to be like."